Thursday, June 16, 2005

Day Two - Help!

Dear Friends

There have been so many calls and messages that we have not been able to respond to that I thought that I could mail you with an update for anyone who has not had a reply - I just cannot keep up with the messages and calls.

thumb_little_savannah_on_ arrival_ in_ icu.jpgWe had a baby girl, named Savannah Grant.

Weighing in at a whole 1,73 kg, she was delivered 9.12 am on 14.06.05 (yesterday) by emergency Caesar after fetal distress. She has been transferred to ICU at the NPA hospital after birth at Garden Clinic. She is struggling to breath, fighting pneumonia. Her ears are not properly formed and her hands are not fully opened and there is some sign of a cleft palette.

thumb_battling_to_breath_fighting_pneumonia.jpg- Please pray that God will intervene and "that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus Christ". (Ph 1.6)

- We agree to believe for Savannah that

"you created my innermost being; you knit me together in my mothers womb. I praise you because you are fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." (Ps. 139)

thumb_every_hour_another_victory.jpg Mel held her for the first time tonight - she is really battling - she needs faith to hope for Savannah's survival (less than 30% chance over the first 24 hours they said - well we have overcome that statistic!) Mel must be with Savannah every three hours but may only stay for one hour.
- please pray that she will recover from the Caesar soon and for strength for her to make the trip from her ward to the nursery every four hours.
- pray that Savannah will continue to breathe and overcome the pneumonia that she is fighting
- pray that she will put on weight and that she will start to feed soon!


thumb_our_first_daughter_after_three_sons.jpgThanks to everyone. You have all been so wonderful and we are privileged to have you "fighting the good fight of faith" with us for this daughter of God.

Love

Sean and Mel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sean and Mel
I cannot tell you how many times a day I stop and think of you and pray for you and for Savannah. I even wake at night and think of you all and pray that you are okay. Your faith is an inspiration to me.
All our love Leonie and Frank